Your Flushing Chinatown Place
The New York metropolitan area contains the largest ethnic Chinese population outside of Asia, with Chinatowns located throughout all the city’s boroughs. Flushing Chinatown is one of the largest urban centers of NYC. It is located on Main Street and the area to its west, and continues to expand southeastward along Kissena Boulevard and northward beyond Northern Boulevard.
Here in Flushing Chinatown, you’ll find large supermarkets selling a diverse and unique variety of Chinese food and ingredients; an array of Chinese restaurants, including one right here in our hotel—Gourmet Spring; educational centers; and the World Journal headquarters, one of the largest Chinese-language newspapers outside of China.
Where to Eat in Flushing Chinatown
Flushing Chinatown offers an abundance of restaurants representing regional cuisines from all across China. The choices may be overwhelming, so take a look at a few of our favorites below. Of course, you can always enjoy some amazing Asian fusion cuisine right here at our hotel at Gourmet Spring.
Dining in Chinatown:
- White Bear (0.2 mile) – A tiny restaurant with famous wontons served in chili oil, among other favorites
- Fu Run (0.2 mile) – Must-try dishes include country-style green bean sheet jelly, pork with sour cabbage and rice noodles, and muslim lamb chops
- Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao (0.2 mile) – Soup dumplings and xiao long bao are the specialties at this restaurant’s large and diverse menu
- Spicy & Tasty (0.2 mile) – Appropriately named, this restaurant serves traditional Sichuan fare and features a cold appetizer bar
- New Flushing Bakery (0.2 mile) – Chinese bakery famous for its Portuguese egg tarts, a crème brûlèe-like custard with a caramelized pie crust
Find More Restaurants in Flushing Chinatown
View a Map of Flushing Chinatown