“Meet the Mets” from Our Hotel near Mets Stadium
You’re guaranteed to have the time of your life at a New York Mets game in Queens. The Mets compete in Major League Baseball as a member club of the National League East division. They are one of two MLB clubs in NYC, the other being the New York Yankees. The Mets’ history includes two World Series championships and five National League pennants. A few of the greatest Mets players include:
- Darryl Strawberry – Born a month before the Met’s inaugural season in 1962, he’s the franchise leader in home runs with 252
- David Wright – The team’s all-time hits, runs, walks, and RBIs leader
- Tom Seaver – Tom helped bring about the Miracle Mets in ’69 and holds franchise records for wins (198), ERA (2.57), strikeouts (2,541), and smudged right news (countless)
- Marv Throneberry – An original Mets legend whose career spanned 130 games, and who conveniently had the initials M-E-T
- John Franco – A Brooklyn native who saved 276 games for the Mets in 14 seasons, by far the best in team history
All About Citi Field
Citi Field has hosted New York Mets games since 2009, replacing the former Shea Stadium where the team played for 44 years. The stadium features a red brick and limestone façade, arched entrances, and an iconic home plate entrance reminiscent of the old Ebbets Field where the Brooklyn Dodgers played before moving to LA. Its most striking feature is the Jackie Robinson rotunda at the main entrance, though the view and atmosphere once inside is just as impressive.
Citi Field features seats for more than 42,000 guests, over 50 luxury suites, the Pepsi Porch in right field with seats for over 1,200 fans, a group area called The Clubhouse, and several other exclusive club areas. Amenities abound at this stadium, such as an outfield picnic area known as the Taste of the City, an interactive Mets museum with club memorabilia and Hall of Fame displays, and an impressive selection of culinary offerings. It’s not just the typical hot dogs and hamburgers at Citi Field; here, you can enjoy chicken parmesan sandwiches, mozzarella-pepperoni sticks, cookie dough desserts, lobster tacos, milkshakes, and much more. The stadium also features a replica of the famous big apple from Shea Stadium, which rises each time a player hits a home run.